Monday, June 27, 2016

It's Almost Time

As I wait for the presentation time to arrive I find myself with the usual nerves and anxious stomach. I am prepared.   Fortunately, a presenters room was available and I was able to print out things that I needed.  Although I wonder if I'll be able to get those out and use them..  I have a great deal of resources available at my fingertips.  I even brought candy.  I checked the room in advance and discovered many large round tables.  The presentation room was full for the session I observed.  Every seat was filled including extras.  The doors to the room were closed because the session was full...  Hopefully, my session will be just as full.  However, I wonder, will the people at the table be able to hear me?

Earlier today, I observed the Google sessions with lines down the hall.  Not everyone would be getting into the session they wanted.  Do you think this is a sign?  Google is a leader in classroom resources.  I was surprised to look at their schedule and not find a session on Google Sites.  I am interested in why.  And I am glad that is one of my preferred workshop topics.  Seems to me that all of the Google Apps are popular sessions these days.

I took a quick glance into the Exhibitor's Hall.  Whew!  It is huge!  I think I'll need a strategy when I return.   I wonder what treasures I will find there?  Usually, the most useful tools and resources I have found come from other teachers and presenters.  Connections and collaboration with discussion and a chance to explore it provide the best rewards.

OK.  Well, with a half hour to go before my time.  I think I'll settle down and then settle in to my space.

No comments:

Post a Comment